SELLING YOUR VEHICLE TO NON-SOFA PERSONNEL/COMPANY
*Anyone other than the sponsor must have an original Power of Attorney
1. Prepare following items:
– The base Decal (USFJ Form 15A or B) from the vehicle
– Current Road Tax receipt
– Current Japanese Inspection Card (title)
– Current JCI policy
– Buyer’s information (name, address and phone number)
* If buyer is not Japanese national, need to provide copy of Japanese driver’s license or alien
2. Bring all to VRO, prepare LTO paperwork for de-registration of your vehicle.
3. Take all the forms from VRO and the license plates to LTO for de-register your vehicle from your
name. Do not drive the vehicle to LTO.
4. Must return to VRO for completion of de-registration of your vehicle paper from LTO.
Note: Motorcycle and mini car have different procedures; please contact VRO for more